July 1st 2020 – Paris, France: Developer Artefacts Studio and publisher Dear Villagers (Scourgebringer, Recompile, Edge Of Eternity) today announced The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos, an offbeat tactical RPG, will be coming to PC for Steam, the Epic Games Store and GOG on the 27th August 2020.
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos is a turn-based tactical RPG chock-full of charm, humour and chaos! Leading a ragtag company of unlikely heroes, players will embark on an epic adventure through the dreadful dungeon of Naheulbeuk, utilising both “strength” and “smarts” to overcome the very worst that the evil lord Zangdar has to throw at them.
With a stellar voice cast lead by Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos combines the fun, creativity and chaos of an epic fantasy tabletop campaign with the challenge of the very best tactical RPG games, delivering an adventure unlike anything you’ve played before.
The Naheulbeuk universe is an original creation by French author John Lang. It started as a very popular audio comedy series parodying role-playing, table top games, and heroic fantasy tropes. Now the world of Naheulbeuk is available in English and as a video game for the very first time!
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin ice skating park and an extremely lively tavern!
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Barbarian, the Magician, the Ogre and the Thief!
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better…or worse!
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will doom you!
- Bizarre conversations, absurd situations and unusual encounters await!